A major player in the cosmetics industry wishes to define and measure the circularity of its ingredients.
- Define the scope of the definition (from the origin of the ingredient, or from the last supplier, the last processor etc.)
- Build a common frame of reference for circularity to construct and support the final definition (co-products, closed loop, open loop, etc.)
- To have a definition that is sufficiently binding but not restrictive to be able to commit suppliers to the theme
We operated in an agile method with a team including members of the R&D and sustainable procurement teams and carried out the following actions:
- Benchmark of key circular economy definitions and evaluation methods
- 4 workshops to co-design the framework to guarantee the circularity of ingredients (sub-definitions, framework definition, definition of criteria and methodology to measure circularity)